6.26.2008

Chuck This!

There's so much to say and yet so little to say. California was great. I am gradually becoming more and more comfortable in Dane family. We played Rook and Wits and Wagers - our two favorite games of late. Dane had his interview with our sis-in-law's family's company and we feel it went well. Dad and I figured we could get some birthday present shopping out of the way while Dane was in his interview... We could have gone shopping, got a bite to eat, AND went and saw Titanic in the time he took for his interview! We felt that was a good sign (keep your fingers crossed for us).

Our nephew's first birthday was last Saturday and they threw it at Chuck-E-Cheese. When I was a kid I would get so jealous of all my friends who had their birthdays at Chucks. I seriously felt like I was missing out on an important part of my early childhood. I was so embarrassed by my uncreative family that I wouldn't invite friends to my birthday parties. We didn't have party favors. We didn't have party games. We didn't go to Chuck-E-Cheese. I'm a little baffled by my feelings (however acutely they were felt) when I heard that Ryan was having his first birthday there. I hate to admit this, but the kid in me felt a little jealous. HE WONT EVEN REMEMBER IT. I feel sorry for my kids... I think I'll try to live vicariously through them. I apologize ahead of time. In the end, I think Dane and his siblings enjoyed the party the most. :)

Dane has been waiting to tell everyone that he is getting another tattoo until he showed his family in Cali. But the cost is clear. He is getting a polynesian shoulder cap. The tattoo will cover his right shoulder blade, over his shoulder, his front right pectoral, and half way down his arm. My work computer doesn't have a slot for memory cards so i'll have to post pictures when I remember to bring my USB cable. But here is a general idea (courtesy of The Rock):

Photobucket

Photobucket