8.03.2011

It never ends

It feels like we've been back forever, but it hasn't gotten any easier. There's never enough time in the day to do everything I need to do and even one thing I want to do. Work is still non-stop - I've tried really hard to "catch up" despite what the fax machine thinks. They've finally hired a helper, but now I'm faced with a task I've never had the opportunity to participate in: training someone. I'm afraid I'm going to be a mean trainer because patience is not a word that has been ever used to describe me. I expect perfection in my work and therefore don't think its uncalled for to expect the same from others. I will try to be nice. I will work on breathing.

We're going to have to be very careful financially from this month forward. Without working any overtime hours, my paycheck will be short $100 a month without any "uh-oh's". So far I've been averaging 30-40 hours of overtime a month, but the end is near. I don't think my employer will let this continue much longer. So a challenge we've given ourselves for the month of August is to never go out to eat and to only buy "essentials" at the grocery store. One of our biggest expenses is grocery/foods. What can I say? I love it when Dane eats as much and as frequently as he wants. He looks so much more healthy than his other siblings with CF. It eases my stress when I know that he has no hunger pains. And I do my share of extra's at the grocery store (diet coke, chips and salsa, etc). I say NO MORE! ... its only 3 days in and I've already thought of going to grab fast food 3 times. ugh!

I think things may slow down in 2-3 years. Yes, I'm an optimistic slightly delusional person.

2 comments:

The Marley's said...

you can do this. it really helps to save if you cook meals from scratch AND they taste better. It takes some research and some time but really works. Another thing cam and I have done is have 2 separate checking accounts; one for bills and the other is a fun fund. Everytime we want to eat out or buy something we use the fun fund. We put only like $25 in it every week so that helps us cut down on the fast food.

abo-bder said...


شركة تنظيف بالرياض