6.12.2008

Tronada!

I absolutely love wikipedia and unconsciously consider it absolute truth. Whenever I need help with some random question I almost always go to wikipedia first. Lately, I have been facinated with nature. Yesterday a deadly tornado tore through Iowa. I now cannot satiate my desire for tornado information and pictures. It is almost unbelievable to me, someone who grew up in Washington State, the power of these natural phenomenons. Until I see one I will never fully grasp the overall greatness and danger they possess.

Photobucket

Heaven's Hammer: A monster tornado unleashes its wrath across Alvo, Nebraska, travelling at over 70mph

Photobucket

How is she calmly standing there? I could never be a storm chaser... I'm getting nervous just looking at this crazy lady!

Photobucket

This tornado touched down in downtown Miami, FL in 1997. I'm so glad Dane wasn't old enough to serve yet... (He went on his mission to Miami).

Photobucket

I don't know which is scarier: a rope...

Photobucket

A cone...

Photobucket

Or a wedge?

Photobucket

I love the twisting shape of this one. The color is way cool as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strange new obsession, lady. Um, but I am super stoked that you have a blog now, too! Weeee!!! Oh... This is Hava, by the way. Heh. I'm at transcendpretty.blogspot.com (actual blog) and transcendprettier.blogspot.com (art/craft portfolio I'm starting up...).

So, uh, HI! :-)