12.13.2010

So after running around in circles trying to find a path to psychology-hood, we've finally determined the path to Dr. Dane. We have found a program, Masters of Social Work, at the University of Washington that will be perfect. We called a contact person there and got the skinny on what they look for when picking students. Pretty much it will boil down to his entrance essay - which we will rock. I can't think of any person better suited to psychology than Dane... they'll have to accept him. Now I just have to think of back up plans, and I hope it will be easier than finding UW's program. Its really ridiculous how hard just finding a program is. It must be the first hurdle a grad student jumps, "If they can't find us, then they must not be smart enough for our program!" Well guess what, WE FOUND YOU!!!!

So far the job search for myself has been unsuccessful. I have had two interviews and one is scheduled for tomorrow. I am too optimistic I think. After each interview my family would ask how it went. And miss suzy sunshine was positive that they were going to offer it to her. And yet, I feel no shame at not getting the jobs... I think its because of my short attention span. I'm sure everything will work out in the end.

Dane and I decided to give up on Christmas this year lol. We had a budget before going to Black Friday a month ago - we blew most of it on $5 DVD's. There will be no surprises this year as we know all the gifts already. Dane currently can't drive so I'm driving everywhere (including christmas gift shopping), and that made it impossible for being secretive. I got him a Kobe jersey online and I'm worried it isn't going to get here on time... I ordered over a month ago and after I had bought it the estimated time it was going to arrive was january something. I guess its on back order or something. I'm optimistic.

1 comment:

The Marley's said...

Just keep being optimistic. I JUST ordered Cameron's gifts online and one said that it wasn't going to get her until Jan 7th-14th!? I think it's coming from China. That is really awesome about Dane's program at UW. Fingers crossed. To celebrate his acceptance you should come down to see us! :)What's the job interview for??